TLC Distinguished Clinical Award: Deborah Backus, Ph.D., PT
Deborah Backus, PhD, PT
Faculty member Deborah Backus, PhD, PT, is the recipient of the Academy of Spinal Cord Injury Professions, Therapy Leadership Council section award. The "Distinguished Clinical Award" is for a therapist who has demonstrated the following:
- Outstanding clinical contributions in the area of SCI/D. This may include demonstration of clinical application of evidenced based medicine and/or translational research;
- Knowledge and expertise in SCI/D therapy practice through advanced training and mentoring others;
- Creativity in providing rehabilitation to individuals with SCI/D through program development as well as outcome assessment;
- Distinguished advocacy for persons with SCI/D;
- Collaboration with other health care professionals in providing optimal care achieving excellence in the health care of persons with SCI/D.
The award will be presented to Dr. Backus during the ASCIP's Annual Meeting in Las Vegas from September 22 - 24, 2010. The presentation will be on Friday, September 24, 2010 (10:15-11:45 am) during the ASCIP Business Meeting and Awards Presentation Ceremony.
Congratulations to Dr. Backus for being recognized with this award.