Kunj Patel, MD, MSc
Emory University Department of Rehabilitation Medicine
- BS, New Jersey Institute of Technology, 2006
- MS, New Jersey Institute of Technology, 2006
- MD, West Virginia University, 2013
Fairmont, West Virginia
- PM&R Research
- Regenerative Medicine
- Ultrasound, Spine
- Rehabilitation Medical Scientist Training Program, pre-application pathway, 2015
- Association of Academic Physiatrists Annual National Conference Electrode Store Best Paper Award, Resident Category, 2014
- American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation National Conference Best Musculoskeletal Medicine Research, 2014
- International Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine World Congress Oral Research Presentation, 2014
- AAPI National Conference Travel Award. 2014
- Eye Foundation of America Research Fellowship, 2013
- Scaife Fellowship in Addiction Medicine, 2010
- New Jersey Institute of Technology Extraordinary Undergraduate Student Award, 2005
- New Jersey Institute of Technology Exceptional and Creative Leadership Award, 2005
- NSF Undergraduate Research Fellowship, 2005
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Medical Association
- Association of Academic Physiatrists
- Association of Physicians of Indian Origin
- Gait and Clinical Movement Analysis Society
- Stand up comedy
- Kowakami Y, Matsumoto T, Takayama K, Nakano N, Ishida K, Matsushita T, Kuroda Y, Kuroda R, Kurosaka M, Patel K. Intermediate-term Comparison of Posterior Cruciate-Retaining versus Posterior-Stabilized Total Knee Arthroplasty Using the New Knee Society Scoring System (accepted to journal Orthopedics).
- Patel K. TLSO Braces Do Not Influence Outcome in Neurologically Intact Thoracolumbar Burst Fractures. Rehab in Review (surveillance journal). September 2015. (summary of F. Schwab article JBJS Aug 2015.
- Patel K., Koboyashi, M, Crawford S, Phelps A, Best T, Huard J. Immediate Massage Increases Muscle Regeneration, Angiogenesis, and Decreases Fibrosis after Injury. American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation: March 2014 - Volume 93 - Issue 3 - p a1-a97, doi: 10.1097/PHM.0000000000000071. 2014 AAP Annual Meeting Electrode Store Best Paper Award, Resident Category, Association of Academic Physiatrists, 2014. Encore Oral Presentation, International Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine, World Congress, 2014. Best Musculoskeletal Medicine Research, American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, National Conference, 2014.
- Patel K, Raju, VK. Ocular Demodicosis. West Virginia Medical Journal, Vol 109. No. 3. pp 16-18. May-June 2013. PMID:23798275. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=23798275)
- Patel K. Addressing Visual Impairment in Indian School Children. Letter to editor. AAPI Journal. Nov. 2013
- Patel K. Lansey J, Bose A. Border Properties of Allopatric and Sympatric Plant Species Interactions. CAMS Technical Report 0506-, Center for Applied Mathematics and Statistics, New Jersey Institute of Technology, 2006.
- Patel K, Abramoff B, Kurapati S. Prior Ultrasound Training Influences Incorporation of Ultrasound into Outpatient Musculoskeletal Practices. Submitted to 2016 ISPRM World Congress, Kuala Lampur, Malayasia.
- Patel K, Hutts L, Fausel C, Strasser D. Recurrent Discitis in the Acute Rehab Setting: A Case Report. Association of Academic Physiatrists, National Conference, 2016.
- Patel K, Kolodge G, Strasser D. Raynaud's Phenomenon Leading to Dry Gangrene. Association of Academic Physiatrists, National Conference, 2016.
- Patel K, Kurapati S, Nworah A, Aggarwal G, Mir H. Myopathy as a Presentation of Statin Induced Hepatitis: A Case Report. American Medical Association Research Symposium, Dallas, TX 2014.
- Patel K, Aggarwal G, Chinedu P, Owusu-Amo B, Singh J. Hypokalemia-induced Rhabdomyolysis in a 61 year old Woman. Association of Academic Physiatrists, National Conference, 2015.
- Patel, KG, Turner K, Ferrari J, Hoofnagle M, Harris C, Kim D, Bafford A, Lamond K, Owolabi A, Kavic S. Fulminant Clostridium Difficile Small Bowel Enteritis in a 23 year old. American Medical Association Research Symposium, Dallas, TX 2014.
- Patel K, M Patel, S Kurapati, A Rajani, S Mannivannan, J Smoot, O, Francis, P Cook, J Zatezalo, K Trickett, K Adkins, N Moffett, D Meyers, G Patel, N Shah. Health Screenings at Community Events Promote Health Awareness and Student Interest—West Virginia, Pennsylvania, 2013. American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin National Convention, Research Competition, 2014, San Antonio, TX.
- Patel K, Chen W, Thompson S, Saparov A, Poddar M, Peault B, Huard J. Differential Regenerative Capacities of Human Blood-Vessel-Derived Stem Cell Subsets in Injured Skeletal Muscle. American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Assembly, 2014. San Diego, CA.
- Patel K, May J, Whelan L, Laxton M, Bryan Y. Airway and Anesthetic Management of Patients with Laryngeal Tumors and Masses. Abstract presented at International Anesthesiology Research Society. Anesthesia and Analgesia. Vol.116. No. 5S. May 2013.
- Ghanta M, Raju L, Patel K, Raju VK. Screening Eye Examination of School Children in Two Subdivisions of South India. Abstract presented at the International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness Conference in New Delhi, India. Sept 2012.