Britta Okyere, MD
Emory University Department of Rehabilitation Medicine
- BS, Cornell University, 2008
- MD, Michigan State University, 2015
- Transitional Year Resident Physician, PGY-1, St. Mary Mercy Hospital, 2016
Hometown: Arnschwang, Germany
- Spasticity management
- Prosthetics & Orthotics
- General physiatry
- Kent County Medical Foundation Projects “FitKids 360” Grant
- Kent County Medical Foundation Projects “Healthy Cooking” Grant
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (2016-present)
- American Medical Association (2016-present)
- Association of Academic Physiatrists (2013-present)
- Society of Women Engineers (2004-present)
- Travel to historic cities of Europe
- Maria Beran, MD, Britta A. Okyere, MD, Joshua Vova, MD. “Amantadine-Induced Corneal Edema in a Pediatric Neuro-Oncology Patient: A Case Report. “ Case report published online in PM&R journal, March 14, 2018.
- Joshua Vova, MD, Maria Beran, MD, Britta A. Okyere, MD. “A Case Report of Amantadine Induced Corneal Edema in a Pediatric Patient. “ Poster presented at the American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine Conference (ACRM), Atlanta, GA. October 26, 2017.
- Dwight D. Bowman, Stephanie B. Yager, Britta A. Okyere, Bo Li, Kyuhyung D. Kang, Heejeong Youn, Marissa Karpoff, Hussni O. Mohammed, Araceli Lucio-Forster, Janice L. Liotta. Morphometrics of Assemblages of Giardia duodenalis Cysts from the Feces of Dogs and Cats. Paper presented at the 55th Annual Meeting of the American Association of Veterinary Parasitologists (AAVP), Atlanta, GA, August 2, 2010.
- Heejeong Youn, Dwight D. Bowman, Stephanie B. Yager, Britta A. Okyere, Bo Li, David Kyuhyung Kang, Marissa Karpoff, Hyun Ji Kim, Hussni O. Mohammed, Araceli Lucio-Forster, Janice L. Liotta. Morphometrics of Assemblages of Giardia duodenalis Cysts from the Feces of Dogs and Cats. Poster session presented at the11th International Workshops on Opportunistic Protists (IWOP-11), Hilo, Hawaii, August 4, 2010.
- Stephanie B. Yager, Britta A. Okyere, Marissa Karpoff, Hyun Ji Kim, Hussni O. Mohammed, Janice L. Liotta, Araceli Lucio-Forster and Dwight D. Bowman. Morphometrics of assemblages of Giardia duodenalis cysts from the feces of dogs and cats. Poster session presented at the III International Giardia and Cryptosporidium Conference, Orvieto, Italy, October 15, 2009.