Mairin Jerome, MD
Emory University Department of Rehabilitation Medicine
- BA, Brown University, 2005
- Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medical Certificate, Washington University, 2009
- MD, University of Vermont, 2015
Hometown: New York, N.Y.
- Sports medicine
- Pelvic rehabilitation/women's health
- Integrative and functional medicine
- Spinal cord injury
- Ultrasound-guided procedures
- Private Practice
- 15th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Breast Surgeons UVM COM Travel Award, 2014
- Pathology Student Fellowship, 2013-14
- Albert Schweitzer Fellowship, 2011-12
- Operation Smile Clinical/Research Internship UVM COM Travel Award, 2011
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Medical Association
- Association of Academic Physiatrists
- Fitness and nutrition
- Jerome MA, Gillenwater J, Laub DR, Osler T, Allan AY, Restrepo C, Campbell A. Primary Cleft Lip and Palate Repair in Assam, India: Does pre-operative anthropometric analysis help identify patients with increased surgical risk? Cleft Palate Craniofac J. 2016; May 31; [Epub ahead of print].
- Persing S, Jerome MA, James T, Weaver D, et al. Surgical Margin Reporting in Breast Conserving Surgery: Does compliance with guidelines change outcomes for patients? The Breast. 2015 Oct;24(5):618-22. doi: 10.1016/j.breast.2015.06.007. Epub 2015 Jul 18.
- Jerome MA, Laub D. Dissecting Cellulitis of the Scalp: case discussion, unique considerations, and treatment options. EPlasty. 2014; June 6;14:ic17.
- Jerome MA, Bouffard N, Maple R, Badger G, Langevin H. Stretching of connective tissue: Do porcine fibroblasts increase in cross sectional area in response to shear stretch? Association of Academic Physiatrists 2016 Annual Meeting, February 16-20, 2016, Sacramento, CA. (poster presenter)
- Persing S, Sprague B, James TA, Callas P, Mace J, Jerome MA, Sowden M, Goodwin A, Weaver DL. Surgical Margin Reporting in Breast Conserving Surgery: Does Compliance with Guidelines Affect Re-excision and Mastectomy Rates? American Society of Breast Surgeons, 15th Annual Meeting, April 30-May 4, 2014, Las Vegas, NV. (poster presenter)
- Campbell A, Restrepo C, Gillenwater J, Jerome MA, Laub DR, Allan A. Primary Cleft Lip Repair: Nutritional Assessment and Surgical Risk in Assam, India. Poster presentation at the 12th International Congress on Cleft Lip/Palate and Related Craniofacial Abnormalities, Orlando, FL, May 6-10, 2013. (poster presenter)
- Atiyeh A, Blasberg E, Cushanick K, Edberg D, Jerome MA, Ng P, Meehan R, Delaney T, Carney J. “3 Squares Vermont” Food Assistance Usage by Patrons at the Chittenden Emergency Food Shelf. American Public Health Association Annual 140th Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA, 2012.
- Colt E, Akram M, Thornton J, Beiling D, Jerome MA, Kausel A, Paladugu S, Tajrishi R, Servetnyk Z, Pi-Sunyer X. Comparison of High Resolution Peripheral Quantitative Computerized Tomography (HR-pQCT) with Dual Energy Photon Absorptiometry (DXA) for Measuring Bone Mineral Density (BMD) in Subjects of Differing Fatness. 93rd Annual Meeting of the Endocrine Society, Boston, MA, June 4-7, 2011.