Mairin Jerome, MD
Administrative Chief Resident
Emory University Department of Rehabilitation Medicine
- BA, Brown University, 2005
- Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medical Certificate, Washington University, 2009
- MD, University of Vermont, 2015
Hometown: New York, NY
- Interventional Orthopedics
- Regenerative Medicine
- Pelvic rehabilitation/women's health
- Integrative and functional medicine
- Centeno-Schultz Interventional Orthopedics Fellowship, Broomfield, CO, 2019-20
- Resident Research Award, Emory University School of Medicine, PM&R Residency Program, 2018
- PGY-3 Resident of the Year, Emory University School of Medicine, PM&R Residency Program, 2018
- PGY-2 Resident of the Year, Emory University School of Medicine, PM&R Residency Program, 2017
- 15th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Breast Surgeons UVM COM Travel Award, 2014
- Pathology Student Fellowship, University of Vermont School of Medicine, 2013-14
- Albert Schweitzer Fellowship, University of Vermont School of Medicine, 2011-12
- Operation Smile Clinical/Research Internship UVM COM Travel Award, 2011
- Roberta Joslin Award for Excellence in Art, Brown University, May 2005
- Resource Artists/Scholars Program Fellowship, Brown University, 2004-2005
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (2014- present)
- Association of Academic Physiatrists (2014-present)
- American Medical Association (2010 – present)
- Fitness and nutrition
- Jerome MA, Gillenwater J, Laub DR, Osler T, Allan AY, Restrepo C, Campbell A. Primary Cleft Lip and Palate Repair in Assam, India: Does pre-operative anthropometric analysis help identify patients with increased surgical risk? Cleft Palate Craniofac J. 2017 Nov;54(6): 720-25.
- Persing S, Jerome MA, James T, Weaver D, et al. Surgical Margin Reporting in Breast Conserving Surgery: Does compliance with guidelines change outcomes for patients? The Breast. 2015 Oct;24(5):618-22.
- Jerome MA, Laub D. Dissecting Cellulitis of the Scalp: case discussion, unique considerations, and treatment options. 2014; June 6;14:ic17.
- Bradberry D, Jerome MA, Cui D. Identification of Life-Altering Adverse Events in Publication Related to Fluoroscopically-Guided Lumbar Epidural Steroid Injections from 2002 to Current: A Literature Review. 12th International Society of Physical + Rehabilitation Medicine World Congress, July 8-12, Paris, France.(poster presenter).
- Jerome MA, Ettefagh L, Porter J, Monfared H. Is screening for occult lower extremity deep vein thrombosis (DVT) upon admission to acute inpatient rehabilitation hospitals clinically warranted? 12th International Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine World Congress, July 8-12, Paris, France. (poster presenter)
- Burke D, Ibekwe E, Jerome MA, Tran M. Using Twitter to Identify Healthcare Consumer Sentiment. 12th International Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine World Congress, July 8-12, Paris, France. (poster presenter)
- Jerome MA, Bouffard N, Maple R, Badger G, Langevin H. Stretching of connective tissue: Do porcine fibroblasts increase in cross sectional area in response to shear stretch? Association of Academic Physiatrists 2018 Annual Meeting, July 16-20, 2016, Sacramento, CA. (poster presenter)
- Persing S, Sprague B, James TA, Callas P, Mace J, Jerome MA, Sowden M, Goodwin A, Weaver DL. Surgical Margin Reporting in Breast Conserving Surgery: Does Compliance with Guidelines Affect Re-excision and Mastectomy Rates? American Society of Breast Surgeons, 15thAnnual Meeting, April 30-May 4, 2014, Las Vegas, NV. (poster presenter)
- Campbell A, Restrepo C, Gillenwater J, Jerome MA, Laub DR, Allan A. Primary Cleft Lip Repair: Nutritional Assessment and Surgical Risk in Assam, India. Poster presentation at the 12th International Congress on Cleft Lip/Palate and Related Craniofacial Abnormalities, Orlando, FL, May 6-10, 2013. (poster presenter)
- Atiyeh A, Blasberg E, Cushanick K, Edberg D, Jerome MA, Ng P, Meehan R, Delaney T, Carney J. “3 Squares Vermont” Food Assistance Usage by Patrons at the Chittenden Emergency Food Shelf. American Public Health Association Annual 140th Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA, 2012.
- Colt E, Akram M, Thornton J, Beiling D, Jerome MA, Kausel A, Paladugu S, Tajrishi R, Servetnyk Z, Pi-Sunyer X. Comparison of High Resolution Peripheral Quantitative Computerized Tomography (HR-pQCT) with Dual Energy Photon Absorptiometry (DXA) for Measuring Bone Mineral Density (BMD) in Subjects of Differing Fatness. 93rd Annual Meeting of the Endocrine Society, Boston, MA, June 4-7, 2011.