Andrew I. Geller, MD
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine
Emory Rehabilitation Hospital
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Medication Safety Team, Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion
- BS, Cornell University, 2001
- MD, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 2008
- Medical Intern, Transitional Year Program, Carney Hospital, 2009
- Residency, Emory University, 2012
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Emory University Robert L. Bennett, MD Teaching Award, 2014
- NCEZID Director’s Award, 2014
- US Public Health Service Commissioned Corps Public Health Service Citation, 2014
- US Public Health Service Commissioned Corps Hazardous Duty Award, 2014
- US Public Health Service Commissioned Corps Outstanding Unit Citation, 2014
- US Public Health Service Commissioned Corps Unit Commendation , 2014
- CDC & ATSDR Honor Award for Excellence in Domestic Emergency Response, 2013
- NCEZID Director’s Award, 2013
- US Public Health Service Commissioned Corps Regular Corps Ribbon, 2012
- US Public Health Service Commissioned Corps Commissioned Corps Training Ribbon, 2012
- Association of American Medical Colleges: Caring for Community Grant, 2005
- Rotary Foundation: Individual Service Grant, 2004
- Geller AI, Strasser DC. Polypharmacy. In: Means K, Kortebein P, Buschbacher R, editors. Geriatrics: Rehabilitation Medicine Quick Reference. New York: Demos Medical; 2012. ISBN 978-193-628-7093.
- Burke DT, Geller AI. Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy in neurological patients. In: Kohout P, editor. Gastrostomy. Rijeka: InTech; 2011. ISBN: 978-953-307-365-1
- Geller AI, Shehab N, Weidle NJ, et al. “Emergency Department Visits for Adverse Events Related to Dietary Supplements.” N Engl J Med. 2015 Oct 15;373(16):1531-40.
- See I, Bagchi S, Booth S, Scholz D, Geller AI, et al. Outbreak of Clostridium difficile Infections at an Outpatient Hemodialysis Facility—Michigan, 2012–2013. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2015 Aug;36(8):972-4.
- Hastings DL, Tokars JI, Abdelaziz AM, et al. Investigation of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus Outbreak at a Public Tertiary Care Hospital Focusing on Patient-to-Patient Transmission— Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, 2014. Emer Infect Dis 2015 (in press).
- Alradaddi BM, Al-Salmi HS, Jacobs-Slifka KJ, et al. Retrospective Cohort Study of Risk Factors for Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus Infection Among Healthcare Personnel (in press).
- Stafford CD, Boyd E, Geller AI. Rehabilitation of a Traumatic Spinal Cord Injury Caused by Tourette’s Syndrome: A Case Report. Int J Med Pharm Cas Rep 2015 5(4): 1-5.
- Geller AI, Shehab N, Lovegrove MC, et al. “National Estimates of Insulin-related Hypoglycemia and Errors Leading to Emergency Department Visits and Hospitalizations.” JAMA Intern Med. 2014 May 1;174(5):678-86.
- Lee J, Geller AI, Strasser DC. “Analytical review: focus on fall screening assessments.” PM&R. 2013 Jul;5(7):609-21.
- Chiller TM, Roy M, Nguyen D, et al. "Clinical findings for fungal infections caused by methylprednisolone injections." N Engl J Med. 2013 Oct 24;369(17):1610-9.
- Lovegrove M, Hampton LM, Budnitz DS, Geller AI (corresponding). “Notes from the Field: Emergency Department Visits and Hospitalizations for Buprenorphine Ingestion by Children —United States, 2010–2011.” MMWR. 2013 Jan;62(03);56-56. (Reprinted in JAMA)
- Coronado V, McGuire L, Sarmiento K, et al. “Trends in Traumatic Brain Injury in the U.S. and the public health response: 1995-2009.” J Saf Res. 2012 Sep;43(4):299-307.